[aprssig] CQ Field Day via CQSRVR

AE5PL Lists HamLists at ametx.com
Sun Oct 21 15:16:52 EDT 2007

Bob,

Please re-read my entire post.  It is a mute question because #1)
Internet contacts are not allowed for Field Day and #2) you are dreaming
if you think 2000 Field Day sites are going to be trying to make
contacts via APRS using CQSRVR with every station sending a CQ message
every 30 minutes.

I appreciate your concern but it is misplaced.  If CQSRVR becomes an
issue, I can turn it off, extend the limits to every hour, etc.  We'll
cross that bridge if it ever does become a problem.  Until then, let's
just let it do what it was designed to and try not to over-engineer it.

73,

Pete Loveall AE5PL
pete at ae5pl dot net

FD