[aprssig] CQSRVR and JOTA/SCOUTS

AE5PL Lists HamLists at ametx.com
Sun Oct 21 08:08:16 EDT 2007

Glad to hear it is working for you!

My callsign is AE5PL (has been since 2000). ;-)

> Once you send a CQ <GROUP> CQ <GROUP> message, you are logged on

The message after CQ <GROUP> can be anything you want to be sent to
everyone.  Repeating CQ <GROUP> is a good way to let people know which
group (if they are part of multiple groups) you are sending your CQ
through.

> automatically for 24 hours to receive all similar messages from

The time is actually 12 hours per your prior comments/requests.

> See details:
> http://www.ew.usna.edu/~bruninga/aprsjota.html

The CQSRVR official page is http://www.aprs-is.net/cqsrvr.htm

Glad there was so much activity yesterday.  That server is run as part
of the jFindu.net collocation server so it should be very reliable
regarding up time.  I encourage those of you who want to use APRS
messaging outside of your area to make use of CQSRVR to let people know
you are listening.  Then the actual contact is up to the individuals,
just like amateur radio is supposed to be.

Have fun!

73,

Pete Loveall AE5PL
pete at ae5pl dot net