[aprssig] Nokia announces N810 Internet Tablet with built-in GPS

Keith VE7GDH ve7gdh at rac.ca
Wed Oct 17 19:09:26 EDT 2007

Bob K9SQL wrote...

> <http://maemo.org/news/announcements/view/1192637131.html>
> This is a handheld device that runs a version of real-time Linux.
> An open source development environment is available at
> <http://maemo.org/development/sdks/>.

I don't know if it's "old news" or not, but Apple has announced
they will "release a software development kit in February to allow
third-party companies to create new programs for the iPhone,
which so far runs only Apple software."

www.cbc.ca/technology/story/2007/10/17/tech-iphone-unlock.html

Time will tell if the iPhone SDK proves useful to APRS. Of course, they
can't call it an iPhone in Canada (and thus haven't released it here yet)
until the little matter of the trademark held by someone else is worked out!

73 es cul - Keith VE7GDH