[aprssig] Kenwood KPS-15 switching Power supply in Europe?

Keith VE7GDH ve7gdh at rac.ca
Fri Oct 12 14:43:53 EDT 2007

Bob WB4APR wrote...

> Does anyone in Europe with 220 mains use the Kenwood KPS-15
> switching power supply? It is good for 23 amps at 120 VAC.  But
> I see no nameplate indication that it can run from 220-240 and it does
> not have the little voltage switch to select... I see also a yellow jumper
> wire near the input caps that would seem to possibly be the "switch"...

I don't have one, but I did a search and found a page at
www.universal-radio.com/CATALOG/hamps/4273.html
that indicates that "this power supply input may be converted to
220 VAC input via an internal jumper cable." You might want to wait
for a confirmation from somewhere else, but at a glance, it sounds like
you have found the jumper.

73 es cul - Keith VE7GDH