[aprssig] Ram Mount w/D700 control head

Stephen H. Smith wa8lmf2 at aol.com
Mon Oct 8 14:23:58 EDT 2007

William McKeehan wrote:
> A few other people suggested similar things. This reference includes very good
> photos that make it really clear to me.
>
> Thanks for all of the responses!

RAM Mounts has hundreds of components that can be assembled in an almost
infinite number of combinations. You can buy various components already
combined into packages, -or- mix-and-match components yourself for
specialized applications.

If you ever pass through Las Vegas, Nevada, stop at GPS City. This store
is primarily an Internet  "e-tailer" <http://gpscity.com> , but they do
have an extensive bricks-and-mortar store as well.

They have an entire wall covered with pegboard displaying practically
every top, bottom and middle piece RAM makes.  You can eyeball the wall,
tell them "I want one of these and two of those..." , and assemble your
custom mount on the fly.

My half-homebrew  half-RAM mount is here:

     < http://wa8lmf.net/mobile

On this page, scroll down to "Mobile Office Table - Generation II"

--

Stephen H. Smith    wa8lmf (at) aol.com

NEW!   World Digipeater Map
  http://wa8lmf.net/APRSmaps