[aprssig] New Standalone TNC with built-in GPS and Bluetooth Options

Ralph Milnes ralphmilnes at patmedia.net
Fri Oct 5 14:02:29 EDT 2007

There was an announcement of some new APRS-related products on the AGWPE
list from George SV2AGW, the author of AGWPE and AGWTracker and a partner in
Elcom Research products. Elcom offers a very small TNC with a USB interface
that includes an ption for standalone use with a built-in battery. The
just-announced improvements for the uTNT include options for a built-in GPS
and Bluetooth compatibility.

Price varies from $265 to $99 depending on which options you want. Some uTNT
units require a cable set as an additional purchase (less than $15).

I'm not connected to these folks, but it seems like these products might
have interesting APRS applications.

Ralph Milnes KC2RLM