[aprssig] D710 standalone control head!

Joel Maslak jmaslak-aprs at antelope.net
Thu Oct 4 09:31:04 EDT 2007

On Oct 4, 2007, at 4:18 AM, Steve Bragg wrote:

> Sort of.  It is certainly a competitor of the HamHUD II, regardless
> of how it is marketed by Kenwood (V71 upgrade).  However, HamHUD
> has a number of features the RC-D710 (and by extension the TM-D710)
> doesn't have:

It also properly implements messaging, IIRC.  It doesn't artificially
shorten APRS message length.  Being that APRS is designed for two-way
communication, that seems like a good thing to not break to me (or am
I just thinking of the D7 which used [?] to crash with long
messages).  (Does the D710 have that problem, or will it accept
messages according to the standard?)