[aprssig] APRS resolution

Keith VE7GDH ve7gdh at rac.ca
Mon Oct 1 03:02:50 EDT 2007

Steve K9DCI wrote...

> I'm no expert on GPS, but what about the random wander
> of GPS.  Does this level of accuracy need differential
> GPS with a local GPS reference transmitter?

Yeah, I've always thought that "extra precision" wasn't worth bothering
with. It doesn't bother me if anyone wants to transmit with extra precision.
I just think it's pointless if the GPS is wandering around. I think that
people that use a GPS receiver "in the real world" on foot or on skis know
the kind of precision to expect and just aren't surprised if it isn't as
accurate as you would like it to be when you're down to three satellites
under a wet tree canopy or in the concrete jungle with lots of multipath.

73 es cul - Keith VE7GDH