[aprssig] MX146 transmitter now available

Scott Miller scott at opentrac.org
Wed Nov 28 23:22:40 EST 2007

I'm not sure if Jason already posted an announcement here or not, but
the SRB Electronics MX146 transmitter boards are now shipping.  I just
added them to my site here:

https://www.argentdata.com/catalog/product_info.php?products_id=81

You can also get them from RPC Electronics.  They're $75 each on both sites.

These are programmable frequency-agile transmitters.  They've got 16
pre-programmed frequencies (covering most of the world's APRS
frequencies) and they can be programmed through a simple SPI or I2C
interface.

Jason's already got them integrated with the OpenTracker+ in his RTrak
units.  The new firmware due out in the next week or so will allow
multiple frequencies in each configuration profile - you'll be able to
specify one beacon rate on one frequency and another rate on another
frequency, so you can have a balloon payload (for example) transmit
every 45 seconds on 144.39 for digi coverage, and every 5 seconds on
another frequency for more frequent tracking updates.

Get 'em now, before I use up all of my stock on my own balloon launches!

Scott
N1VG