[aprssig] GO32 Traffic

Bob Bruninga bruninga at usna.edu
Sun Nov 25 09:12:11 EST 2007

> I just copied this from GO32 but not seen
> in findu.com.  My ui-view RFtoInet log says
> the same.  Why would the APRS-IS dump it ?

> 4XTECH-12>BEACON::BLN1 GO32:su APRS!!Use pth via 4XTECH

I had proposed a SATGATE Server for all SATgates to connect to and it would filter out all NON APRS packets from GO-32 and pass the APRS packets.  But AE5PL chose the simplistic solution of blocking all GO32 packets from all javAPRSSrvr's worldwide.

So anything that goes through a javAPRSSrvr will not allow any GO32 packets to reach the APRS-IS.  Although user packets via GO32 will get through OK, the inability to monitor the operation of the APRS bulletins, beacons and status from GO-32 via the APRS-IS is frustrating.

Bob, Wb4APR