[aprssig] RE: WRT54G - now simple embedded computer

Greg D. ko6th_greg at hotmail.com
Thu Nov 22 14:18:12 EST 2007

Hi Alex,

Thanks for the update.  My experience with the Basic Stamps (an auto patch controller using the stamp-1, and an Az/El antenna controller based on the Stamp-2) pre-dates the Javelin chip; sounds like a neat product.  But, I have not found any difference in the ability for the use of an I/O pin to do serial communication, between a regular I/O pin and the serial port used for chip programming and debugging.  All are accessed with the serin and serout commands, and all are single threaded foreground tasks.  Are you saying that the programming port on a Stamp-2 can take characters in and buffer them while the chip is off doing something else?

Greg.