[aprssig] FW: PCSAT-1 status and E-Mail via satellites.

Robert Bruninga bruninga at usna.edu
Tue Nov 20 18:02:06 EST 2007

> How long will the experiment of sending e-mails
> via the various satellites be going on for please ?

The experiment has been a success.  And PCSAT-1 is still fully
operational, but it is in eclipses now and will have a hard time
supporing the load.  For this reason, today we changed the
digipeat path of PCSAT-1 to only use the path VIA TEMPn-N.
(Usually use TEMP1-1 or TEMP2-2).

This change will prevent any unattended beacons from consuming
precious power on PCSAT-1.  The PCSAT-1 downlink alerts all
active users of this change.  Today, PCSAT-1 had crashed over
the USA due to heavy load.  Fortunately I saw the crash and was
able to re-load during the same pass.

But if PCSAT-1 crashes back to W3ADO-1 and is not reloaded
before the next eclipse, then PCSAT-1 will again be lost until
January.

Enjoy, but please use PCSAT-1 with minimum packets.
Bob, WB4APR