[aprssig] RE: APRS for One-Laptop-Per-Child

Robert Bruninga bruninga at usna.edu
Thu Nov 15 17:45:45 EST 2007

> As neat as the OLPC is, it's not the only game
> in town for small networked computers....

No question.  The market is full of cheap solutions.  But in my
mind, cheap is not the objective.  The objective is
ubiquitisness (if that is a word)...  The simple fact that the
market will be full of cheap ssolutions is the problem.
Everyone has different hardware, software, firmware, drivers,
programs, user interfaces, links, networks etc...

I see the advantage of the OLPC as a common denominator.  A
fundamental standard.  And one that will not be tweaked every
year by Microsoft.

And will be super low power.  For emergencies and viewing in the
sun, that is exciting for me.  (and open source)...

Bob, WB4APR