[aprssig] WIDE4-4 comments

Cap Pennell cap at cruzio.com
Thu Nov 8 21:56:04 EST 2007

Fill-in digis all use it to indicate their "limit" now, "W1,fill-in".

Best WIDEn-N path recommendations for courtesy are often less than the max
"N" limit of our "S overlay" digis.

http://web.ew.usna.edu/~bruninga/aprs/kpc3+WIDEn.txt
shows:
7)
a) Always start with the PHGXXXX data (see my DIGIS.TXT file)
b) next, a list of capablities, such as "W3,SSn".  This means this
   digi supports WIDE3-3 and below and SSn-N paths only. (your state)
c) The overlay character between the LAT/LONG should now be an "S"

In Northern California our high level "S overlay" digis use "W2,NCAn"
with the KPC TNC's UIdigi ON WIDE3-3,WIDE3-2,...

You know, if you can get into the first digi at all, then two hops is
plenty!  <grin>
73, Cap

California and Nevada "networka.htm" :
http://cap.dyndns.org:8080/networka.htm