[aprssig] GPS Hardware Vendors Buying Up Mapping Data Vendors

Ken H> sailingtoo at gmail.com
Mon Nov 5 19:53:44 EST 2007

I had been wondering about Delorme - they ask users to send in map updates
and corrections as if they were using them.  You say Delorme had the new
exit numbers - is this on Street Atlas?  OR the Delorme paper maps?  I've
never fully understood why Delorme doesn't just hire a bunch of programmers
to enter their "paper" date into electronic format for GPS mapping - their
paper maps are a LOT more accurate and uptodate than any of the GPS data.

Ken H> K9FV