[aprssig] Voice Repeater NO-TONE

Bob Bruninga bruninga at usna.edu
Sun Nov 4 22:20:28 EST 2007

Regarding NO-TONE:

> However, does it have to be parced anywhere?
> I thought it was just the D7 display format
> that makes this 'nice'.

The D710 needs to parse it so that when you see someone with their frequency and tone, then pushing the TUNE button will tune the radio immediately to that station.

RIght now the D710 does not adjust the tone, but that was because we still had not standardized on the TNNN at the time.  Now I hope  they will see that we can get a standard going so that the radio will parse it.

Bob, WB4APR

  Anything with a 'regular' display, just
displays the message text "full screen", no?