[aprssig] HELP: An ambitious project

w0ep at frii.com w0ep at frii.com
Thu May 31 13:07:41 EDT 2007

I think your plan sound very interesting.
I know nothing about which hardware might be best or whether anyone will
give you a discount.

For software, I propose you try to get serial-port attached hardware
and run a Linux variant on your PC's.  Writing or obtaining a serial-port
Perl script for gathering data would bypass any need for
commercial software.  It would not be hard to completely eliminate any
software expense.  I was running such a setup with CW0078 until
recently, using the Texas Weather Instruments WRL system.

Chris
w0ep
formerly CW0078