[aprssig] KISSINIT.EXE at 1200bd?

Dave Baxter dave at emv.co.uk
Fri May 25 19:36:08 EDT 2007

Hi..

I asked this on the Digi_Ned list too, but so far not got a sensible reply.

Does anyone know of a version of KISSINIT.EXE (a DOS app) that will work a COM port at 1200bd?  Or something similar that s small, totally DOS based and will co-exist with Digi_Ned on a boot floppy?

The version I have (V1.01 I think) only supports a bit rate down to 2400bd.  Sadly, the "cold" power up default of any of the intended TNC's is 1200bd.  The suggestion so far was to alter the TNC's EPROM contents!  Great, if it was documented...  (Pac-Com TNC220 with V5.0.0 firmware, fat chance!)

I need to call this utility twice.  First to set the serial comm's to 9600N81 and restart the thing.  Second to get it into KISS mode.

I'm trying to put together a "Site Owner Proof" digi, that couldnt care less if they pull the power at any point.  It must restart 100% reliably when the volts come back, with the exact same setup as it had before.  Someting I've had trouble with in the past, relying on CMOS backup batteries etc...  Plus, we want "Big Digi" features, not just a dumb TNC...

Cheers All..

Dave G0WBX

This mail has been scanned by Palmer Cook Computer Services Limited.  www.palmercook.co.uk