[aprssig] Sending Data over Rf modules

Andrew Rich vk4tec at people.net.au
Fri May 25 17:22:06 EDT 2007

Gudday

I have been the last few weeks playing with low power tx modules and sending
GPS data.

Here are some observations:-

1. OOK or on off keying of the transmitter works ok but a logic 0 shud be TX
on. 1200 baud
2. Radiometrix modules will do up to 64kb/s
3. Video sender modules and audio is also another option.

In sending of data, I found out the hard way you need

1. Preamble to let the rx settle
2. Manchester encoding or bit ballanced transmissions.

Here is a photo of the modules I am playing with.

http://vk4tec.no-ip.org/rf_modules.jpg

The next challenge is bit bash data transfer with manchester encoding and
decoding.

Regards

Andrew Rich

VK4TEC