[aprssig] The new D710 and Smart Beaconing?

Robert Bruninga bruninga at usna.edu
Wed May 23 23:15:44 EDT 2007

> ... there's probably not enough horsepower there
> to walk the user through all of the ramifications.
> ... the average user will stick with the defaults
> and let the thing run...

That is what we hope for.  That all software, firmware and
radios are designed from the get-go with GOOD defaults that
assure a modest performance and that also is protective of
others.

Which is the purpose of this whole thread.  What is the
receommended default for smart beaconing that works well, yet
does not consume too much resources from the net when left set
and/or running for hours on end?

Bob, WB4APR