[aprssig] GPS upgrade

Wes Johnston, AI4PX wes at kd4rdb.com
Wed May 23 00:45:03 EDT 2007

Really, few of the automotive ones have serial ports any more... and many of
the handheld gps units no longer have serial ports... the GPS60cs has both
usb and serial.  The street pilot 1 did not do NMEA input even though the
manual said it did.... and now all street pilots have no serial ports
anyway....

Try looking in their marine category.  I use a gpsmap276c and love it... but
I paid a pretty penny for it.

Wes

On 5/23/07, Dale Blanchard <wa7ixk at earthlink.net> wrote:

> I am in the market to up grade my GPS  -3 plus.
> I am having problems with finding which Garmin GPS has NMEA input and
> output.
> Dale
> WA7IXK

In theory there is no difference between practice and theory.