[aprssig] Some Quick Impressions of the Dayton Hamvention 2007 -- APRS -- Kenwood TM-D710

Mark Cheavens mcheavens at usa.net
Tue May 22 18:32:20 EDT 2007

I will go one step closer. I own a D7 and would buy a replacement for
it as well as a D710, ONLY if they have smart beaconing.

I do not own a D700 because it will NOT do smart beaconing. I would
gladly send Kenwood the money for one IF it did!

As far as a D7 replacement it should also have a built in GPS and
better batter life (Smart beaconing would help).

Too bad the Garmin Rino's won't do HAM frequencies and AFSK data!

Mark Cheavens
KC5EVE