[aprssig] D700 Digi Settings for our event

Robert Bruninga bruninga at usna.edu
Thu May 10 09:41:09 EDT 2007

>...  but the info is in the instruction manual.
> Use the specialized communications book, not the
> other that just gives radio info.
>
>> I have ...tried to find the... keys, etc needed
>> to program a d700 for a digi.  We will be using
>> several at our event in Georgia on June 3rd and
>> needed to send everyone the info. Is there a
> good place to get that info, as in step by step?

Wow, lots of thoughts here.
1) The specialize manual does tell you about packet, but it
doesn't tell you anything about what the best settings would be
for your event or even what the New-N paradigm settings are.

2) What is your plan? 144.39?  Working with other existing
digis?  Working on a private freq?  How many hops covers the
course?  Are Igates used?

3) Rumor has it that many digis in Georgia are using the
obsolete settings?  SO are you going to try to be compatible
with them or operate with the higher reliability settings of the
New-N?

4) Without a full understanding of all of the above, then it is
hard to suggest anything.

Bob, Wb4APR