[aprssig] Objects on APRS

Keith VE7GDH ve7gdh at rac.ca
Wed May 2 21:26:28 EDT 2007

Jim N7VR wrote...

> To ask an Igate Owner to constantly watch and update the gateway
> to consistently put these on RF is adding to his work load. The work
> load should be from the person or station generating the Object.

I'm not sure if I'm mis-understanding you here. Yes, the IGate operator must
intentionally gate the object (because he wanted to or because the IRLP node
operator asked him to) but once the IGate operator has added the object name
to his IGate settings, he doesn't have to touch it again. For the object to
exist, the IRLP node operator must install the APRS status script.

IRLP Node operators can see aprs_status-4.0.tgz at
http://irlp.kc6hur.net/irlp_scripts.php to install the script on their node.

73 es cul - Keith VE7GDH