[aprssig] Re:FS - Mobile Wifi Stompbox

Dave Baxter dave at emv.co.uk
Tue May 1 04:12:41 EDT 2007

Nice idea, website added to my list of ones to poke about later...

I've done the same sort of thing, with a 3G/GPRS data card, three wifi
laptops, and Windows ICS in the past.  OK, not a true WiFi "Access
Point", but for what we needed at the time, it worked.  Pity about the
3G/GPRS data bill that eventualy hit the credit card though (one PC was
trying to do updates we found out later!) we don't get free cellular
data at all over hear, sadly.

Dave G0WBX.

PS:	If anyone want's to know how to "Shut up" an XP machine, so that
only data you initiate, or have requested goes in/out the 3G/GPRS route
(or any network) let me know.  It's not dificult, but it is fiddly.
However you can leave a live mobile data link up for hours with no cost
incured by unwanted updates, WGA, or other spurious traffic.

This mail has been scanned by Palmer Cook Computer Services Limited.  www.palmercook.co.uk