[aprssig] APRS -- Chicago to Mackinac Island sailboat race

Bill Borgstrom bill_borgstrom at yahoo.com
Fri Mar 30 00:41:27 EDT 2007

Steve

  I was able to download and compile validation.c
  The following is my first attempt at a logon string.  Is this correct?

      user N9TN pass 27029 vers "custom program"

  The following is my attempt to form a TCP packet. Is this correct?  I find the tricky part is the addressing.

      N9TN-9>TCPxx*,qAX,CORE-2:@092345/4349.13N/08653.55WY306/015Cheap'n'Deep sec 6 Chicago Mac race

  Does the above raw packet need to be wrapped in a AX.25 packet?  My guess is that it doesn't.  How do I logon
  and send this packet to APRServe?

  Again thanks for your help

  73 Bill N9TN