[aprssig] D700 vs Prius

Jim jim at stuckinthemud.org
Wed Mar 28 17:57:35 EDT 2007

I didn't think there were any production cars that had steer-by-wire
systems?

Virtually everything else yes, but my understanding was that the primary
braking and steering still had to be essentially mechanical, assisted
perhaps, but still work if the rest of the car dies.

IIRC Car manufacturers now have to do specific RF tests and make the results
available on demand via the dealers, so you know what it's been tested and
guaranteed for, so long as the equipment is installed as per their
instructions.

Jim