[aprssig] APRS -- Chicago to Mackinac Island sailboat race

Steve Dimse steve at dimse.com
Tue Mar 27 07:59:44 EDT 2007

On Mar 26, 2007, at 6:10 PM, Bill Borgstrom wrote:

> My plan is to receive the Orbcomm emails with our boat position
> reports.  Parse out lat. lon. speed. heading. date and time and
> form a raw packet.  This I'm capable of doing this.  I need help in
> how to send the raw packet to  APRServe Network.  I would
> appreciate any help you can give me.

Google is your friend.

The first part is the hard part, the rest is just connecting to the
APRS Internet System, here is info on the login string

http://www.aprs.net/valid.html

If you don't have the validation number for your call, here is the code

http://www.cnunix.com/ftp/hamradio/tapr/aprssig/aprsspec/aprstcp/
validation.c

Then just form an APRS packet and send it. The APRS protocol
specification is at

http://www.tapr.org/aprs_working_group.html

Steve K4HG