[aprssig] Jfindu,Findu,Aprsworld

AE5PL Lists HamLists at ametx.com
Thu Mar 22 16:31:48 EDT 2007

First, it would help to know exactly what station (callsign-SSID) is reporting "no show" on findU so we can see what format its packets are in.

All database servers get their information from the same place: APRS-IS.  What you are reporting is doubtful to be an APRS-IS issue, but more likely to be a parsing issue for that specific type of packet format within a specific latitude/longitude mix (maybe an issue with parsing a Mic-E packet?).  This makes it more imperative to know exactly what station is reporting the problem.

We all use different parsers and parsing techniques so it is very possible that either some of us are being too lenient or some are being too strict in parsing those packets.

73,

Pete Loveall AE5PL
pete at ae5pl.net