[aprssig] One-Wire, Opentracker troubleshoot

Don Moore DonM at jobpointmo.org
Tue Mar 20 11:31:24 EDT 2007

>I would like to check the One-Wire to eliminate that
>part.  Anyone suggest a test?

Hi Bob, you could put together a serial to 1-wire interface easily from this link. (http://owfs.sourceforge.net/adapters.html)  From there, use some software like DigiTemp (http://www.digitemp.com) to read the sensor and see if it is functioning properly.

I have built several of the interfaces and they are simple and quite quick to put together.  I've read about some problems using them on long runs although  that shouldn't matter for your testing especially if you use some short leads to the sensors.

Don M. - KMØR
CONFIDENTIALITY NOTICE:  This e-mail communication and any attachments may
contain confidential and privileged information for the use of the designated
recipients named above.  If you are not the intended recipient, you are hereby notified
that you have received this communication in error and that any review, disclosure,
dissemination, distribution or copying of it or its contents is prohibited.  If you have
received this communication in error, please notify me immediately by telephone and
destroy all copies of this communication and any attachments.