[aprssig] Re: Does anyone have a fix for the 70cm tone encoder problem on the TH-7ag?

Thomas t hamaddict2001 at yahoo.com
Sun Mar 18 23:51:31 EDT 2007

Al,

  Thanks for the response...that sounds feasible to me.  Also if this is the problem I think it will not be too hard to correct.
  But why would the problem only manifest itself on 70cm and not 2m as well?

  Thanks again,
  Tom-N2YTF

Al Wolfe <awolfe at Route24.net> wrote:
  Thomas,
It sounds to me that there is no or inadequate high pass filtering
between the mike and the modulator. Low frequency mike audio is mixing with
the tone and confusing the repeater's tone decoder. Lowering interstage cap
values in the TH-7 might correct this.

Al, K9SI