[aprssig] Re: D700 bugs

Keith VE7GDH ve7gdh at rac.ca
Sat Mar 17 23:11:23 EDT 2007

Mark WA2MCT wrote...

> There are no bugs in the D700. It is the perfect APRS mobile radio.
> If it doesn't do what you want or need, you're using APRS incorrectly.
> At least that's what a guy with APR in his call claims! :-)
> I'd certainly welcome some improvements.

Lemme see... it doesn't do SmartBeaconing. Not a factor for stand-alone use,
but the small buffer is sometimes a big problem in KISS mode. Then there's
the male DB-9 (DE-9) connector on it. I wouldn't turn down a D700 if you
gave me one, but see the HamHUD for improvements. I'm sure the D710A
will be a step up from the D700, but I'm also sure it will leave room for
improvement too!

PS - I assume you meant to send your note to the APRS SIG and not direct to
me, so I posted my reply there.

73 es cul - Keith VE7GDH