[aprssig] APRS at Dayton

Joel Maslak jmaslak-aprs at antelope.net
Thu Mar 15 00:23:29 EDT 2007

On Mar 14, 2007, at 8:24 AM, Robert Bruninga wrote:

> I hope to go to Dayton this year and hope to see lots of APRS
> activity.
>
> I hope all travelers will set for VoiceAlert while enroute.

And *EVEN MORE IMPORTANT*: DON'T SET VOICE ALERT WHEN NOT PRESENT AT
THE RIG, ABLE, AND WILLING TO ANSWER CALLS.

How I do that is switching between two memory channels based on
whether or not I feel like answering calls.

And of course it never hurts to try 146.52 if you see a nearby mobile
(on a GPS screen if so equipped).  I had a nice QSO last week as a
result of giving a call on 52 after seeing their station icon.  I
encourage people to also monitor 52 simplex if not monitoring a local
repeater (the D700 makes this rather easy to do - I typically keep
one side on 144.39 and the other on 146.52).