[aprssig] Re:All APRS Digipeaters In The World (Almost!) MappedOnUIview

Richard Hoskin rhoskin at bigpond.com
Sun Mar 4 05:34:17 EST 2007

Bob,

My understanding was that we used the SSID of the station's callsign to
indicate a secondary function.

Eg

Here are those common defaults:

    	-0 Home Station, Home Station running IGate.
    	-1 Digipeater, Home Station running a Relay Digi, Wx Digipeater
    	-2 Digipeater [#2 or] on 70CM
    	-3 Digipeater [#3]
    	-4 HF to VHF Gateway
    	-5 IGate (Not home station)
	-6 is for Operations via Satellite
    	-7 Kenwood D7 HH
    	-8 is for boats, sailboats and ships (maybe 802.11 in the future)
    	-9 is for Mobiles
    	-10 is for operation via The internet only
    	-11 is for APRStouch-tone users  (and the occasional Balloons)
    	-12 Portable Units such as Laptops, Camp Sites etc.
    	-14 is for Truckers
    	-15 is for HF

So a home station running a digi and an igate will have a -1 ssid and use
the icon of an IGate. (It may also have a blue square around it if it is
running UI-View)

Or a weather station that is also a digi would use the blue WX icon with a
ssid of -1 etc.

Is this still valid and how does it integrate into your color codes.

Cheers
Richard
VK3JFK