[aprssig] WIFI for events

Tom Hayward tom at tomh.us
Sat Jun 30 20:07:47 EDT 2007

We use wifi to link stationary comm vehicles in a search base, but don't
expect any great distances with it. What are you trying to accomplish with
the wifi? Any position reporting is probably better left to 1200 baud APRS
on a lower frequency.

If all you want to do with the wifi is share this database/webapp between
some systems in the staging area, you should be fine. Depending on the AP
you use, you could even force this app as a splash page and avoid the need
to distribute you web server IP/hostname. You may want to put the AP up on a
mast to improve the signal quality.

Tom KD7LXL