[aprssig] APRS Local Info

Robert Bruninga bruninga at usna.edu
Fri Jun 29 18:17:55 EDT 2007

> > ...  If we don't have consistency in some
> > important APRS formats, then we loose all kinds
> > of potential.
>
> Ok, I've pretty much made all of the changes...
> [to implement the local voice repeater info in my
> local DIGIpeaters], and I can see how much
> more useful it is now than it was than the way
> I had it set.

John, thanks for your comment.  We must get users that travel
with their D7 or D700's to ask everywhere they go, why they are
not seeing the local recommended voice repeater frquency on
their radios when they drive into an area..

Now that we got most digipeatrs moving towards New-N Paradigm,
this important part about including LOCAL Voice Repeater
Frequency Object Info in the unused Btext has been overlooked by
far too many of them.
Lets spread the word.   APRS can be so helpful, and useful if
people look beyond the simple traking aspect..  It can be so
much more.

For digi sysops, see how to add this frequency object to your
digi:

http://www.ew.usna.edu/~bruninga/localinfo.html

Bob, WB4APR