[aprssig] PCSAT-3 opportunity?

Robert Bruninga bruninga at usna.edu
Tue Jun 26 12:55:09 EDT 2007

Plenty of time for the flight board.  A year maybe.  Just need
to size the device.  Must be smallest possible to improve
chances of a rid.  Two options:

1) 145.825 RX/TX + TNC digipeater for APRS
2) 28.120 MHz RX for PSK-31 + TX FM on 145.825

No GPS (not enough power avail).

Bob

Miller'
> Sent: Tuesday, June 26, 2007 12:41 PM
> To: 'Curt Mills, WE7U'; 'TAPR APRS Mailing List'
> Subject: RE: [aprssig] PCSAT-3 opportunity?
>
> If you're talking about the one that fit in the original
> OpenTracker case
> (with a hole in the board) then you're right, only a few of
> those were made,
> though I've got a big stack of unused boards.  Trouble with
> those was that a
> routing error in the oscillator circuit made them really
> flaky.  Those SMT
> crystals are hard to mount properly anyway, and with the
> board error only
> about 50% of the ones I built actually worked.  The T2-135 is
> mostly the
> same circuit, but with a better layout, and has never had
> that problem.
>
> The T2-135 would probably be usable itself, but the
> connectors aren't really
> ideal.  If there's no rush, I can spin a new board rev in a
> couple of weeks.
> I can get prototypes faster of course, but the cost climbs
> fast as lead
> times decrease.
>
> As I mentioned in the last email, I'm already working on a
> board that mates
> with a commercial radio board, so it'll have all of the
> signals needed on a
> 0.1" pin header.  Might not be the right levels for another
> radio, though.
> Here's a picture of the radio in its housing, with RF board
and TNC
> installed:  http://n1vg.net/opentracker/images/dtx-plus.jpg
>
> Scott
> N1VG

WE7U
> > Sent: Tuesday, June 26, 2007 8:51 AM
> > To: TAPR APRS Mailing List
> > Subject: Re: [aprssig] PCSAT-3 opportunity?
> >
> > On Tue, 26 Jun 2007, Jason Winningham wrote:
> >
> > > Tracker2.  digipeater, remotely controllable/configurable.
> >
> > I have one such in my hands, but I don't think very many of
them
> > were made.  Surface/mount Tracker2.  Tiny tiny tiny.  Maybe
Scott

http://www.eskimo.com/~archer