[aprssig] Open Source Parser

Curt, WE7U archer at eskimo.com
Thu Jun 21 13:42:00 EDT 2007

On Thu, 21 Jun 2007, M J wrote:

> Can anyone point me to an open source, already-in-existence parser
> that has been validated against the APRS protocol?  I am thinking
> about writing a software product to simply display APRS
> Internet-stream data (but not inject any data into the stream) and
> would prefer to not try to digest the entire protocol document if
> I don't have to.  Thanks!  -MJ

Define "validated".  I don't know of any apps that have been.

Closest you might find would be the Java apps, Xastir (C), and the
aprs decoder in Perl written by the guy who edited the original APRS
spec, Ian Wade (aprsdecu).  Maybe there are others that I can't
think of right now.  I have the Ian Wade decoder in a .tar.gz file
that I could send to you if you like.  I can also point you to where
in the Xastir sources the decoding happens, but it's a lot of C
code.