[aprssig] itty bitty laptop

Curt, WE7U archer at eskimo.com
Thu Jun 21 10:27:28 EDT 2007

On Thu, 21 Jun 2007, William McKeehan wrote:

> I think this has a lot of potential:
>
> <http://www.infoworld.com/article/07/06/06/Asustek-$199-Eee-PC_1.html?source=NLC-\HARDWARE&cgd=2007-06-06>

No hard drive, they use flash memory instead.  Xandros(Linux) OS.
Small screen.  3 hours on a battery.  Very inexpensive ($200).
It should be very quiet and the article says it doesn't get hot to
the touch.

Since it's already running Linux it shouldn't be difficult to get
Xastir compiled for it and install a bunch of maps.  If it doesn't
have a compile environment you'd have to compile on another machine
with the same libraries (probably running the same version of
Xandros) then move the code over to the laptop.