[aprssig] APRS Network Consistent Operations

Matt Werner kb0kqa at gmail.com
Wed Jun 20 17:10:58 EDT 2007

I'm not saying that we shouldn't make an effort to *inform* everyone
(who may not be on this list) to convert.

What I'm saying is that appointing someone to be in charge of getting
an area converted is the *wrong* way to go about it.  I guarantee that
you will have at least one that decides that he/she is the almighty
appointed dictator and will come across without the proper tact.  Once
that is done, you will then have a much harder time getting through to
that particular individual who was earlier told by the dictator how
things are now to be run.

Czar is the perfect definition of what you're doing.  Czar: "one
having great power or authority."  You may decide that czar wasn't the
proper word to use earlier but the end result is the same.

You are telling people that they have the power and authority to do
something that they do not have the power and authority to do.  This
is a recipe for trouble.