[aprssig] Compatible GPS for waypoint upload?

Stephen Peters scpeters at mac.com
Wed Jun 13 16:37:35 EDT 2007

Scott,

I own a Quest, USB port only.  When you plug in the USB cable, the
GPS still functions fine - however, when you initiate an upload of
data/maps, I do believe the screen changes suggesting non-gps
functions.  You can easily upload a waypoint set, but it is just like
uploading maps, the screen blanks (I think).  I do not know if you
can just send it a single waypoint, and if that would be different.
I do know that from Mapsource, when you upload waypoints, it appends
new waypoints, but doesn't get rid of old ones.  I don't know what it
does if you upload a waypoint with a new location/same name, e.g.
append or replace.  I can test it next week, as it's on loan to
someone until then.

-Steve