[aprssig] Compatible GPS for waypoint upload?

Joel Maslak jmaslak-aprs at antelope.net
Tue Jun 12 16:51:50 EDT 2007

On Jun 12, 2007, at 1:57 PM, Curt, WE7U wrote:

> I remember going from the Garmin 1-channel multiplexed between 8
> satellite units to the 12-channel parallel units.  This new jump in
> capability with the SiRF chipsets appears to be of a similar nature
> in usuability, if you can believe the nice things people are saying
> aobut them.

The difference between my SiRF unit and my eTrex (original Yellow
one) is very significant - the eTrex would lose lock even while on
the dash of my car (very occasionally) while the SiRF unit just plain
doesn't lose lock, even when mounted much lower in the vehicle.  Of
course I expect there are a bunch of different chipsets that are
better than the eTrex I have...