[aprssig] Compatible GPS for waypoint upload?

Curt, WE7U archer at eskimo.com
Tue Jun 12 15:36:50 EDT 2007

On Tue, 12 Jun 2007, 'Scott Miller' wrote:

> Are they really that much better than anything else?  Guess I'd better get
> those added to my store - I've got a number of Deluo SiRF III units on hand
> that I haven't even listed yet.  I think retail is $68 on those.

The people that mention them on the SAR lists _really_ like them.  I
hear things like "never lose a lock under the trees" and "gets a
lock in my basement, which other units can't do".

I don't own one myself, but one's on my list of must-buy items for
the near future.

The ones I know about so far are:

    Garmin GPSMap 60CS and 60CSx
    Garmin GPSMap 76CS and 76CSx

It looks like the Etrex line has some new models coming out that say
"high sensitivity GPS receiver" if you click on the "Compare These"
link, such as the Etrex <insert name here> H, HC, or HCx.  See this
link:

    <http://www.garmin.com/garmin/cms/us/etrexseries>