[aprssig] RE: Accuracy of data on APRS

Arte Booten n2zrc at optonline.net
Sun Jun 10 09:12:21 EDT 2007

Hi all,

Monty wrote:

>I believe the outdoor sensors have gone bad.  The station was reporting temp,
>dew point and wind until May 1 @ 10:31 at which time everything flat lined.
>For a few days between May 1 - 7 the station reported temp/dew point as 22.4.
>At that point the temperature/dew point goes to 0(F).

      This sounds like what happened to my Peet U2000 years ago.  Yes,
I know CW4487 is running something else (though I don't know what that
"2v5" at the end actually signifies), but if I were to plug in my U2k,
the only reading it'd show would be barometric pressure.  Too bad,  as
(AFAIK), the Peet units are the only ones that can output usable  APRS
WX reports directly to a KPC-3+'s second port. 73

|  Mr. Arthur "Arte" Booten   Riverdale, NY  <n2zrc!rEm0vEn0sPaM!@arrl.net>  |
| Cruise Missile Coordinates: 4052.72 N / 07354.05 W  [FN30bv]  OES NYC ARES |
|   PGP Key Fingerprint: B86A 64F1 8A40 9113 2D25  516C 1256 2C6A D351 4B7C  |