[aprssig] Accuracy of data on APRS

Robbie, wa9inf mwrobertson at comcast.net
Sat Jun 9 10:48:06 EDT 2007

For the most part, IMHO, you try to locate an airport as close to your
location as possible that has an on-line weather reporting web page for
the pilots who are interested, and going to fly.. Try to set your
barometer, humidity and temperature readings to match as the best you
can.. The normal thermometers for mounting near your door or window in
the shade can help set up your WX station.. Its obvious when you don't
comply with the rest of your area..

Remember too though, the readings "do" vary sometimes very noticeable
just a few miles away as the high and low pressures change and the temp
and winds are effected by the pressure!  Weather 101  :-)

Robbie