[aprssig] Accuracy of data on APRS

Rick Green rtg at aapsc.com
Sat Jun 9 10:11:27 EDT 2007

On Sun, 10 Jun 2007, Andrew Rich wrote:

> You have to wonder.
>
> I am seeing some weather stations around my area.
>
> One says 100 % humidty and -17 deg celcius.
>
> Another says 12.2 deg celcius, and another a few miles away says 19 deg
> celcius.
>
> What is the point of having them if they are reporting rubbish ?

   I was wondering along those same lines...

WHile at Dayton, I succumbed to an impulse and bought a refurbished
Peetbros. Ultimeter  500 station, with the intention of integrating it
into my xastir aprs implementation.  Where can I find info on the proper
location and calibration of sensors so that my observations can
contribute to the collective knowledge rather than confuse?

--
Rick Green

Confucious say: "The man with one watch knows what time it is.  The man
with two isn't sure."