[aprssig] Tracker on... kayak?

Steve Dimse steve at dimse.com
Mon Jun 4 10:28:35 EDT 2007

On Jun 4, 2007, at 10:13 AM, Robert Rochte wrote:

> Anyone ever tried putting a tracker on an inflatable kayak?

You may have heard of Steve Roberts, he's the guy that biked around
the country on an internet connected bike, before most people had
heard of the internet. He wired an inflatable kayak, in his over-the-
top style.

http://microship.com/resources/harsh-environment-aprs.html

I've had good luck with a tracker embedded in a pelican box for the
occasional short trip on my Ocean Kayak, mostly when I'm on the water
though I'm not thinking about radio!

Steve K4HG