[aprssig] 2007 WA SAR Conf Wrap-up

Herb Gerhardt hgerhardt at wavecable.com
Sat Jun 2 23:11:18 EDT 2007

The 2007 WA SAR Conference took place at the Crystal Mountain Ski Resort in
Pierce County, WA a couple of weeks ago, May 18, 19 & 20.  This year the
attendance was way down.  We only had slightly over 500 people attending
which was less than half of normal attendance.  Fuel costs must be affecting
our attendance.

I gave three Introductory APRS classes with Friday's being a two hour class
and the other two were one hour classes.  I had a total of around 50 SAR
folks attending.  Friday's Presentation was the best of the three with the
biggest attendance and lots of questions which indicated that there was lots
of interest in learning more about how to utilize APRS during SAR
operations.

For those who are interested, the Power Point presentation and the two
hand-outs are now available for viewing and downloading on Curt/WE7U's web
site at:

	http://wetnet.net/~we7u/

Enjoy and feel free to use this material in your local APRS presentations.

FYI, next year's WA SAR Conference will be hosted by Chelan County.  Their
web site is at:	http://www.sar2008.com/

Herb, KB7UVC
NW APRS Group, West Sound Coordinator
Our WEB Site:  http://www.nwaprs.info