[aprssig] digi's

Robert Bruninga bruninga at usna.edu
Fri Jul 27 10:24:13 EDT 2007

> If hill top digi's want to advertise there presence
> over 400 miles, maybe they should take up an ad in
> the news paper.
> IRONMT>APRS,RCHFLD,CAVE,LEWIS,VIRGPK,ECHO,MTOSO,WIDE5*:
> !3738.37NN11322.32W#PHG7838/ WB7REL I15 WIDE
>
> IRONMT>APRS,RCHFLD*,WIDE5-5,qAo,KB7WHN-2:
> !3738.37NN11322.32W#PHG7838/ WB7REL I15 WIDE

Many DIGI's were put up by very well meaning volunteers at often
great expense and time.  Some have been forgotten and it is hard
to get back to them in somce cases.

But on the other hand, it is incumbent on us users to watch the
network and help locate the DIGI's that need to be tweaked to
more efficient settings.  Please be very nice when approaching
these digi owners and offer to help if you can to help them get
the settings changed.

But without user feedback, many digis are working well, but
simply forgotten, and the QRM they generate is not noticed
locally, but at a distance.

Good luck.
Bob