[aprssig] APRS messages being seen by "base" station

Robert Bruninga bruninga at usna.edu
Wed Jul 25 16:06:39 EDT 2007

> If I send a ... message, to another station from
> EI8FDB-10, that station message response is
> delivered to EI8FDB,  not EI8FDB-10.

That is how APRS was designed.  Many of us have 3 or more APRS
stations on the air at any one time (home, car, HT, etc).
People who send you messages usually may not know which station
you are currently near.

We decided that ALL stations under your call will RECEIVE any
message to any of your same callsign stations independent of
SSID.  But ONLY the call with the exact match  of the SSID will
ACK it.

Think of these other deliveries to your other sub-stations as
"courtesy copies)...

Bob, WB4APR